The initial goals of Rotary FYI are to assist public, private, nonprofits, and stakeholders in the community, while working as a catalyst:
- Improve school academics, culture, and also embed leadership skills in the students.
- Attract, train, and match qualified mentors with at-risk youth mentees.
- Build citizen awareness and community support for:
- Developing a Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC).
- Setting up a children's Trust Fund.
- Blended and alternative sentences.
- Build and operate 20 Evening Reporting Centers.
- Create awareness of the devastating effect that untreated Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) has on children and youth behaviors. These behaviors (in many cases) divert otherwise capable youth into the "School to Prison Pipeline".
- Assist in developing Trauma Sensitive and Trauma Responsive Community support systems for struggling parents and at-risk youth.